Thursday, September 12, 2019

HW2 Basic Shapes Brian Froud

For this assignment, I had to study the basic shapes of Brian Froud's art. I chose this particular artwork to reference because it comprised of many unique and interesting shapes.



First, I based in the reference image so I could see the silhouette of the character and study its structure.



Then I made sketches of different silhouettes following the style of the shapes and curves.



I then filled in the sketches and made adjustments so that I could build a stronger silhouette for each drawing.



In 1 and 2, I altered the pose of the original reference to convey the character more as an experienced traveler.



In 3 and 4, I kept the posture of the reference but placed the characters in a stronger silhouette to further push the concept of a traveling merchant.



For 5 and 6, I changed the weapon focus and reduced the hunch so that the silhouettes seem less haggard and more upright and agile.



I had a little fun in 7 and 8 by changing the creature type and really pushing the silhouettes of the characters to tell an interesting story.


No comments:

Post a Comment